Programs you will need:
7zip – http://www.7-zip.org/
Notepad (comes as standard on any windows PC)
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
1. Download the Game Archive Extractor (scs exctractor)
2. Open the zip file it downloads in, and extract the contents to your desktop
3. Create a new folder, mine was called “ETS2 Plate” and move the scs_extractor to it
4. Go to “Computer”
5. Choose the drive that your copy of ETS2 is installed on
6. Choose “Program Files (x86)” or if you are using an x86 (32Bit) version of windows it will just be “Program Files”
7. Go to “Euro Truck Simulator 2″ folder and copy the “def.scs” file to the folder you created earlier
8. Open up the folder containing the “def.scs” & “scs_extractor”
9. Drag the “def.scs” on to “scs_extractor” to begin extracting the files from the def file to your folder
10. Wait until it finishes
11. Open the folder named “def”, the choose “city”
12. Here you will choose the city that YOU are based from in game, for me, it was dover
13. Copy the .SII file that matches the city YOU are based from to the main section of the folder
14. Move all the files from the extracted “def.scs” to another folder, just to keep them out the way but leave behind the .SII file. DO NOT call the new folder def, as this name will be used again later.
15. Open the .SII file with notepad
16. Here you will see the document that you saw in the video. One of the lines in the notepad document says “truck_lp_template: “G02 111″” or something very similar, this is the order that the plate will go in.
truck_lp_def0:”any letter” corresponds to the 0 in the template
truck_lp_def1:”any letter” corresponds to the 1 in the template
truck_lp_def2:”62″ corresponds to the 2 in the template — if you simply want your plate to have a 13 instead of a 62, you just replace the 62 with a 13
If the truck_lp_template is G02 111, it will make the numberplate something like this GD62 ABC
You can replace the letters at the end of truck_lp_def0: “any letter” & of truck_lp_def1: “any letter” to make it more likely for that letter to come up. You can also delete these lines, if you have a very small set of characters that you want it to use, for example if you wanted the last 3 letters of the registration plate to be “ABC” you could leave three of the truck_lp_def1:”any letter” and have it as
which will guarantee that you have a, b & c at the end of your plate.
You can do this also for the truck_lp_def0:”any letter”
If you wish to have a different letter at the start of your plate then replace the letter in “truck_lp_template: “LETTER02 111″” with letter of your choice. For dover it is “truck_lp_template: “G02 111″”, but I changed it to “truck_lp_template: “M02 111″” so that I could have an M at the start of my plate.
17. Save the notepad file and close it
18. Create a new folder called “def” and inside that folder “city”
19. Cut and paste the .SII file you just modified into the city folder.
20. Now download the empty .scs file from HERE: http://www.4shared.com/file/DAC7NW1v/EMPTY_SCS_1.html – If you know how to make a .scs file, you do not need to do this step. (note: in the video it shows the download on mediafire, I have had to change the download to 4shared because mediafire was causing problems for me)
21. Move the empty .scs file to the folder that you have been working in.
22. Open the .scs file (you will need 7zip or winrar to do this, I used 7zip)
23. Drag the folder called “def” into either 7zip or winrar
24. Close the .scs file and rename it to something that will remind you of what the mod is
25. Copy the .scs file to your ETS2 mod folder (On windows 7 this is located at: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod
26. Enable the mod in game by clicking edit and then ticking the box to the left hand side of the mod.
27. Load your profile
28. Relocate your truck to a different garage and then choose “Drive it”. Repeat this
process until you get the desired registration plate.
In my case, I had to repeat step 28 4 times in order to get my desired plate
I am not sure if you can do this with non UK registration plates.
If you are struggling to get this to work, and would like some help, leave a comment on this video, and I will get back to you as soon as possible!
If after talking to me and trying to get help, you are still unable to get your registration plate working, I will happily do it for you!
Ah ha! I got the Truck Pack AI Traffic mod to work with ETS2 1.3.1!
The original instructions were a bit confusing. Why they didn’t include a Def file with it I really don’t know.
Copy this file I made which also allows for easier editing of the truck_traffic_storage.sii too!
See attached image for example.
DOWNLOAD 1 KB